Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The 3 R's ~ Recycle

I decided for the next stocking of my store on The Whole Shebang that I was going to challenge myself to have all my items relate to the theme ~ Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

So, here's a try at recycle. ;) It will be interesting to see how it goes! Stay tuned! :)
~~~~~~~~~
I got these little shorties for Trevor last summer. Sadly, they never fit him correctly and therefore were added to the stack and ignored. They've never been used. How sad for a pair of wool shorts. :(


So...I decided to "frog" them. Yes, I unraveled them to just a wound up strand of yarn. It's amazing that this length of yarn had previously been a little pair of shorts, don't you think?

Here's a close up on the swift...see all the little bumps and kinks? That's because they've been knit up for such a long time. lol It will relax when they have a bath. ;)
Just for fun, I put the yarn into a hank. It kind of looks like a novelty yarn with all the ripples! Don't mind the off color ties in there...I just grabbed them from a waste ball of yarn to tie this up for it's bath.
So, now this yarn is soaking in my very favoirite wool wash of all time, Spiced Orange from Ewe Need It. When the kiddos go to bed, I'll take it out and hang it to dry. Tomorrow may be the day it's cast on...we'll see.

Oh, and I know this is single ply purewool...any stabs at the colorway? I could have sworn it was Sandano, but I don't think so anymore. ;)

No comments: