Wednesday, August 20, 2008

WIP for Bear

So...I made a deal with myself. Once a week I go stitch and b!tch at my LYS. It is really a fantastic yarn store...she has the *hands down* best espresso in town. So...I go to stitch and chat and have a really good coffee. This is my *me* knitting time. :)

I've been working on these longies for Bear each time I go. They have a 23" hip and a 20" rise...and the leg will be around 13", so they are no small task. I work on them just a few hours a week...but I just had to share the progress I've made because I'm thrilled with this yarn.

This is Red Rock Canyon dyed by Southwest Spectrum. Debbie is new-ish to HC and also has a shop on Etsy. I could not be happier with this yarn. It is soft and squishy and the colors are so vivid. Debbie offered this colorway on her HC, and I just loved it, but the four ounces offered were simply not enough. I emailed her and requested a greater quantity. She dyed it up for me quickly and expertly!

I have about 6 inches left to go on this first leg...so this wip will be ongoing for a while...lol...I'll show updates from time to time! Hopefully they'll be complete by spring! HA!

No comments: